Friday, January 13, 2012

Fitness Friday

the blessed life


My goal this week was to finally get back in the gym.
Success

I joined a women's only gym back in the summer and was working out 4 or 5 times a week. When the holidays came, I started slacking. I hadn't been back since November. I finally made an attempt to go back yesterday. I've been tracking calories for about two weeks now, via My Fitness Pal on my iPhone. I had started walking last week, which was a start to my fitness goals. It felt so good to be back in the gym yesterday.
Unfortunately, we have snow today and I won't be risking the drive to the gym, but I plan on going Monday. We are off from school for Martin Luther King Jr. Day, so I plan on hitting it early. To my surprise, I was actually able to keep a steady pace on the treadmill and even accomplished some running. I was proud, because I hadn't worked out much at all. My arms are even sore today from the machines. I forgot the "high" I felt after a good work out.
I done okay eating this week. I know I could have done better, but I was extremely busy and I also had four Anatomy test this week, which lead to being stressed out. I loath to do better next week.

My goal for next week:
Track my calories each day and hit the gym at least 3 times!

No comments:

Post a Comment